Bunnykins royal doulton dating
Other artists included John Sparkes, George Tinsworth, Arthur Barlow, and Agnete Hoy among others.
The HN numbers were chronological until 1940, after which time blocks of numbers were assigned to each modeler of the figures.
The beginnings of Royal Doulton John Doulton founded Doulton Lambeth pottery in 1815 with John Watts.
The factory was a tiny pottery located in Lambeth near London, England.
Production then expanded to include hand-decorated stoneware.
In 1878, Sir Henry Doulton purchased Pinder, Bourne and Company of Burslem.
Shortly thereafter, Doulton added decorated porcelain to the firm's other production lines.
Doulton figurines were made at the Burslem plants from 1890 until 1978. Doulton's high quality The three main ingredients for Royal Doulton wares include cornish stone, china clay, and calcined bone ash.
It added porcelain and earthenware production to its offerings in 1884.
The first figure was HN1, "Darling" in honor of Queen Mary.
Beginning in 1913, a HN number was used on all wares.
From 1858 until his death, John Doulton directed Doulton and Watts Pottery in Lambeth, England.
After John Watts retired from the company, John Doulton began experimenting with a more decorative pottery line.
From 1928 to 1954, a small number was placed to the right of the crown's marks on all items made between those years.